Weekly Reflection: Week 2

 Week 2 Reflection


This week was another successful week of babysitting. It was a lot of fun and the weather was super nice which made it lovely for playing outdoors. I continue to learn more about a variety of different kids and parents throughout Proctor. I set up interviews with outside sources as well. I continued to learn more about how I could entertain kids and work with them in the best possible way. As the weeks grow on, I realize more and more how difficult it can be. I continue to gain more and more respect for the parents that have to deal with work and a job as well as raising kids. Although it was just babysitting for a couple hours at a time, I still can recognize how hard it would be to have to keep them entertained for that long as well as trying to get your own work done. Although I have been working with Kelly‘s kids for most of the time, I also got to meet the Tremblay girls. They were much older, so they were a little bit more mature and could keep themselves entertained, which mostly just meant telling me their fifth grade drama. I also only ended up working with them for one night, which was super fun, but I wish I got to see them a bit longer. I also realized that I enjoy having this routine that Kelly gave to me, where I had a time every day, 2 times a day, where I could meet up with her girls with plenty of time for breaks and lunch. As the days went on, it was definitely hard to continue to think of new things to do that would keep the kids engaged. I also found myself having more stuff come up. My practices were a bit earlier, I had to get a COVID shot one day and felt sick the next day. I felt like the end of the week was harder to get hours. But, I did find myself making these up by working on my evaluation as well as a final presentation to show. I as well am happy with my progress for this week and I think I set myself for success by getting almost all my hours as well as setting up some interviews for next week, Monday and Tuesday. I am happy with the progress and I am excited to show what I have learned. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #2: The Parents and Kids of Proctor: May 11

Weekly Reflection: Week 1